1. Consider Options - Scholarships are generally based on one of more of these three categories: Merit (interests, activities, grade level, etc.), Recommendation (requested by donor), Financial Need (threshhold may be higher than you expect...check website for guidelines). WCA currently partners with eight different STOs.
2. Check Deadlines - Each STO has a unique application process and timeline. All require a new application for each student per school year. Some have specific application "windows," others accept new applications throughout the school year. STOs may disperse scholarship funds monthly, yearly or anywhere in between.
3. Complete Apps - early & thoroughly w narratives & letters. No limit to number of STOs a student can receive awards from, but scholarships cannot exceed tuition due for the year. TIP: Gather up the pertinent info in a word document so you can copy and paste right into applications on each STOs website.
4. Confirm Receipt - Watch email, including spam folder" & snail mail. If you don't see it, call to confirm
5. Cash In! STOs will notify both the applicant and the school when awards are finalized. The WCA office will post the scholarship to your account as soon as the funds are received at the school.
Additional details and links to actual scholarship applications can be found at www.wickenburgchristianacademy.org. Anyone who pays Arizona taxes can support students in private schools by donating to the scholarship fund and taking a credit when filing AZ Taxes, up to April 15. Go to https://step4scholarships.org/step/wickenburgchristian.