Scholarships Available!! Over half of the tuition received for the '14-'15 school year came in the form of scholarships from School Tuition Organizations. (STOs). Follow these "5 C's of Financial Assistance" to cash in!
1. Consider Options - Scholarships are generally based on one of more of these three categories: Merit (interests, activities, grade level, etc.), Recommendation (requested by donor), Financial Need (threshhold may be higher than you expect...check website for guidelines). WCA currently partners with eight different STOs.
2. Check Deadlines - Each STO has a unique application process and timeline. All require a new application for each student per school year. Some have specific application "windows," others accept new applications throughout the school year. STOs may disperse scholarship funds monthly, yearly or anywhere in between.
3. Complete Apps - early & thoroughly w narratives & letters. No limit to number of STOs a student can receive awards from, but scholarships cannot exceed tuition due for the year. TIP: Gather up the pertinent info in a word document so you can copy and paste right into applications on each STOs website.
4. Confirm Receipt - Watch email, including spam folder" & snail mail. If you don't see it, call to confirm
5. Cash In! STOs will notify both the applicant and the school when awards are finalized. The WCA office will post the scholarship to your account as soon as the funds are received at the school.
Additional details and links to actual scholarship applications can be found at www.wickenburgchristianacademy.org. Anyone who pays Arizona taxes can support students in private schools by donating to the scholarship fund and taking a credit when filing AZ Taxes, up to April 15. Go to https://step4scholarships.org/step/wickenburgchristian.
WCA TUITION FREE?!?!? Wouldn't it be AMAZING if WCA could offer a private Christian education for free? CONSIDER THIS: If only 800 households with AZ tax liability would contribute an average of $1,000 to the Tax Credit Scholarships, the result would be $800,000 in scholarships. That amount would nearly cover the entire operating expense for the 2015-2016 school year, enabling us, in effect, to operate TUITION FREE!!!
YOU CAN HELP: Do your part by bringing your tax dollars back into our community through WCA scholarships. Simply go to https://step4scholarships.org/step/wickenburgchristian/ for a secure link to make the contribution online. AZ tax payers can donate up until they file AZ taxes, or April 15 of 2016 and still claim a “credit” for 2015! (Limit for 2015 is $2,134 per couple or $1,067 for singles.) The Town of Wickenburg and several local businesses even provide employees with the option to participate through payroll withholdings. Contact your HR department for details. Let's work together to make quality Christian education affordable for more students in our community!
Kevin Armstrong has been the Administrator at Wickenburg Christian Academy since 2012. For details on enrollment, scholarships, tax credits, or giving to WCA, contact him at email@example.com.
Welcome to the Lions Den Blog!
Here you'll find fun stuff on teachers, students, sports, and more!